SEN Advice Centre
The SEN Advice Centre provides you the parent with information and support to help you make informed choices and decisions regarding your child. Children with Special Educational Needs all have learning difficulties or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn than most children of the same age. These children may need extra or different help from that given to other children of the same age. This part of the site aims to provide you with information and details of how you can be supported in your dealings with the Local Authority and schools.
Please click on the links/pictures or select a topic from the menu to the left of the page
- Special Educational Need and the Code of Practice
- What to do if you suspect that your child is struggling at school
- Support at Early Years (0 - 5 Years)
- Support Services for schools and settings
- SEN Support in Schools
- Key Stages Information
- An EHC Needs Assessment
- What is an EHC Plan?
- How to write a parental contribution
- Reviewing an EHC Plan
- Challenging Decisions, Mediation and Tribunals
- Transfer from Statement or LDA to EHCP
- Young Offenders with SEN
- Preparing for a meeting about your child
- What is an Academy School?
- Choosing a school - a guide for parents
- Transport for Pupils with Special Educational Needs